Today’s challenge at For Fun Challenge is to do a card to make someone feel better/Get Well. I was so happy to have this as a challenge as I was out of these cards and was needing some. We also have a brand new sponsor for us and I have to say that I love her images, Dearie Dolls Digital Stamps.
This past weekend I got to play in my craft room ALL weekend long and it was so nice. And Saturday was one of those “everything goes right” craft days and it was just FUN to play and make stuff. I ended up coloring two of the stamps the sponsor sent us to play with and BOTH colored up nice. So I got out my list of challenges and started to “challenge myself” and love love love the outcome.
This card came about because of the color challenge at The Play Date Cafe. They challenged to use Burgundy, gold and plum. I got out my scraps and found colors that matched the challenge. I colored my image, Cat Nurse from Dearie Dolls, to match. I then used sketch #15 at Fetch a Sketch Challenge. And then I had this pretty cool looking card (at least to me!).
1) For Fun Challenge – Get Well/Hope you feel better/Cheer up
2) Fetch a Sketch Challenge #15 – Use the sketch provided.
3) The Play Date Cafe Challenge #114 (pdcc114) – Use the colors Burgundy, Gold and Plum.
4) CAS-ual Fridays – CFC35: Create a Clean And Simple project with scallops! This one I made the scallops out of circles.
INSIDE: Sending you Sunshine and Smiles
On this I used Dearie Dolls Birdies Daisy’s Digital Stamp. I did one with a grey bird and then did one with a brown bird. They both came out cute so I decided to make two cards.
I was trying to decide what to put on the inside of the card and when I look at this image it reminds me of Sunshine which makes me smile. So sometimes when your “blue” you just need some sunshine and smiles to cheer you up. This card was totally inspired by Stamptacular Sketch Challenge #146 on Stamptacular Sunday Challenge. I didn’t get it done in time to submit it but it was based off that sketch. I found this perfect paper in my stash and built the card off the paper and sketch. I love love how this turned out. It was just a good craft day..
1) For Fun Challenges – Get Well/Hope you feel better/Cheer up
2) Use your Scraps @ scrapbook.com – 85% of your project must be from scraps. Everything is scraps except for one red cardbase and the striped paper on both cards. Yes, I have 12 x 12 drawers of each color just filled with scraps. I won’t run out of paper any time soon!!
3) Totally Paper Crafts Challenge #99 – spots and stripes!
4) Penny’s Paper-Crafty Challenge #70 – So, in honor of “Bird Day” for this challenge we want to see your birds!! Any king of bird you want!!
If you want to be a Guest Designer at For Fun Challenges leave me message in the comments.
Cat Nurse – Get Well
Stamps/Images: Cat Nurse @ www.deariedollsdigistamps.com
Cardstock/Papers: Cardstock – Bazzill (Purple Pizzazz, Beeswax), Patterned Paper – American Crafts (rudolph), Kaiser Craft (Hop)
Inks/Markers: Tombow (pink 761, purple 636, 603, red 847, gray N45)
Accents/Tools: brads, 3/4 circle punch
Sunshine & Smiles
Stamps/Images: Dearie Dolls Birdies Daisys @ http://www.deariedollsdigistamps.com
Cardstock/Papers: Cardstock – Bazzill (Lava), Patterned Paper – Bo Bunny (Flower Child Stripe), Jellibean Soup
Inks/Markers: Tombow (yellow 055, brown 947, green 126, gray N55, red 856)
Accents/Tools: pop dots, Cricut, Elegant Edges Cricut Cartridge