August 27, 2014
animal, cute Halloween, fall, food, From the Heart Digital Stamps, halloween, Halloween card, pig, pumpkins, secret pal
I got this adorable stamp FREE since I played in last months Stamp of the Month Challenge @ From the Heart Stamps. I decided to make him Halloween so I could put the sentiment “Hope your Halloween is filled with squeals of delight”. I thought that would make a good Secret Pal Halloween Card for the lady at the retirement home. I then saw Anna’s totally cute Halloween card done with this sketch and knew I wanted to lift it for this card.
1) August Card Sketch Challenge – Sketch #4 – original sketch was Sketch-N-Scrap Card Sketch #5. I also used Anna’s card too to influence my design
2) August Stamp of the Month Challenge @ From the Heart Stamps – use the image provided and get next months image FREE.
Image: Pumpkin PigWit @ From the Heart Stamps
Cardstock: Bazzill (Intense Kiwi, orange discontinued), Hobby Lobby (purple)
Patterned Paper: Reminisce (Boo Bash)
Inks: colored in Adobe Photoshop and printed on Canon inkjet printer
Accents/Tools: brads, pop dots, cutter bee scissors
August 25, 2014
border, candle, christmas, Christmas card, Deck the Halls, flower, garland, poinsettia, Try Stampin on Tuesday 145
When I saw Sketch #5 for the August Card Sketch Challenge @ Scrapbook.com I thought the poinsettia garland from Diane’s Daydream Designs would be perfect for this. I had been wanting to use them but hadn’t found the perfect sketch yet till now!! One of the ladies at the retirement home loves poinsettia’s so I made this card for her son. Everything is printed on the white piece of card stock. I then printed a 2nd copy of just the candle/poinsettia piece to cut it out and then pop dotted it on top of the image. That is the only dimension to this card. I adhered the white piece to a red cardstock base and the card was done!
1) August Card Sketch Challenge @ Scrapbook.com – Sketch #5 – originally Try Stampin’ on Tuesday Sketch #145
2) ABC Christmas Challenge – Q for Quick and Easy
3) Tis’ the Season #23 – Use the photo as inspiration – I took inspiration from the hanging banner…so I have hanging garland
4) My Perfect Life – Festive 48 challenge – week 33 – Make a Christmas card a week
Image: Deck the Halls Color Set and Deck the Halls Boughs and Borders Set @ Diane’s Daydream Designs
Cardstock: Bazzill (Crimson, white)
Inks: pre-colored digital stamps printed on Canon Inkjet Printer
Accent/Tools: computer, pop dots
August 23, 2014
encouragement, Misc Cards, Uncategorized, Wedding/Love cards
bananas, CAS, Clean and Simple, Deedee's Digis, encouragement, food, love
Oh Deedee needs to stop making these adorable images! The image this month has sparked so many ideals in my head! I was going to work on other stuff this week and not make a card for the challenge but once I saw Anna’s cute card I decided I had to go ahead and make this!!
I don’t normally do CAS but this is what was inspired when I saw the digi and sketch #36 at Seize the Sketch. I cropped the bananas from the digi paper included in the digital stamp. I then placed them in a word document. I printed it out on bazzill white. I cut out an extra big banana and pop dotted it. That is the only dimension to this card.
1) August Card Challenge – Favorites Category – I used Seize the Sketch #26 that I saved in my favorites.
2) My Time to Craft Challenge #256 – Food and/or Drink
3) SweetStamps Blog Challenge #183 – Anything Goes
4) Deedee’s Digis August Monthly Challenge – use the digital stamp of the month and get next month’s image free.
Image: Monkey Business @ Deedee’s Digis
Cardstock: Bazzill (White, Raven)
Inks: pre-colored digital image printed on Canon Inkjet Printer
Accent/Tools: cutter bee scissors
August 20, 2014
boo, Card Sketch, embossing, ghost, halloween, haunted house, house
I’m so enjoying using my supplies that I have on hand!! The challenge at Use Your Stuff is Home. I don’t use a lot of New Home cards so I started thinking of “other types” of houses and I came up with Haunted House! Talk about old supplies check out those Making Memories clear shapes!! All the papers were scraps except for the card base.
1) Digi Sketch Challenge – They give a theme and a sketch. You can use one or the other for inspiration. I used the Sketch only.
2) Use Your Stuff Challenge #149 – Home
Image: Making Memories – Clear Shapes – Halloween
Cardstock: Bazzill (Intense Kiwi), Hobby Lobby (purple, orange)
Patterned Paper: unknown scraps
Accents/Tools: orange brads, Paper Studio brick embossing folder, Xyron sticker maker
August 20, 2014
encouragement, Thank you
doodling, encouragement, mail flyer, Office Depot, recycled, school, thank you, you rock
The product category in the August Card Challenge @ Scrapbook.com is to use a recycled item. Well, Karen totally inspired this card because she used a mail flyer on her card. I never thought to look at my mail for scrapbook inspiration so I headed out to my “in box” for mail. And to my surprise was a coupon flyer from Office Depot and it had this printed on one side. It was scratched up in a spot from being mailed so I took my sand paper to it to make it look like it was suppose to be distressed! I cut it out and pop dotted it onto the card. The design of the card was inspired by Sweet Sunday Sketch #231…I just left the circle off.
Saying was cut out of an Office Depot mail flyer
Cardstock: Bazzill ( Sunshine, Intense Kiwi), Hobby Lobby (turquoise), orangish color – unknown
Accent/Tools: black pen, pop dots, cutter bee scissors
August 20, 2014
apple, Diane Daydream Designs, embossing, girl, good luck, school, school days, school girl, stitching
I wanted to make a card for my niece to wish her well in school this year. I thought this image by Diane’s Daydream Design would be perfect for a 7th grader.
The background needed something but I didn’t have an embossing template that I liked for this. So I got out my scor-pal and made my own design based on the plaid in the skirt. I think it turned out pretty good!
1) August Card Challenge @ Scrapbook.com – Technique – Stitching
2) Sketch-N-Scrap Card Sketch #31 – use the sketch provided as inspiration
3) Creative Card Crew Challenge #68 – embossing
4) Catch the Bug Challenge – August Bingo Challenge – Bold colors, embossing, school (I think those are bold colors!)
5) A Gem of a Challenge #126 – Stitching
Image: School Days KD Kit @ Diane’s Daydream Designs
Cardstock: Bazzill (Candy Apple, Classic Yellowgreen, white)
Inks: pre-colored digital stamp printed on canon inkjet printer
Accents/Tools: Scor-pal, white floss, Lasting Impressions stitching template
August 20, 2014
animal, birthday, doodle pantry, DPDC49, flowers, horse, rhinestones, SSSC217
Had a request for a birthday card for a girl that was turning 12 and loved horses and her favorite color was blue. I dug out some OLD Chatter box scraps I had and used Sweet Sunday Sketch #217 as my inspiration. I thought every cowgirl just needs a little touch of bling so put rhinestone brads in the center of the flowers I cut out from the patterned paper.
1) Doodle Pantry Digital Challenge #49 (DPDC49) – Anything goes. But if you use a Doodle Pantry image you get a digital image for free.
2) Simply Create Too Challenge #68 – Monochromatic
3) Seize the Birthday – Anything Goes Birthday
4) Crafty Creations Challenge #270 – Dig deep use something old from your stash. The paper is old and the cartridge is old. The newest thing is the rhinestones but have had those for several months and have never used them!
Images: Saddle Up Color @ Doodle Pantry Digital Doodles
Cardstock: Bazzill (midnight)
Patterned Paper: Chatter Box
Inks: pre-colored digital image printed on Canon inkjet printer
Accents/Tools: rhinestone brads, cricut, Elegant edges cricut cartridge