The first two cards I made for a man at church that asked me to make a card that he could give his wife for Valentine’s Day. He said she likes bright colors, daisy’s and Calla-Lilly. I didn’t get the Calla-Lilly card done but I have an ideal that will do later…maybe for Mother’s Day. I made this two so he could pick which one he likes best. On the top inside of the cards I put this verse in a heart shape (he asked for this verse)
Enjoy life with your wife, whom you love,
all the days of this meaningless life
that God has given you under the sun—
all your meaningless days.
For this is your lot in life and in your toilsome
labor under the sun.
Then on the inside bottom it says “Happy Valentine’s Day!”
I hope he likes at least one of them!
^^^This is my husbands and friends favorite of the two.
I entered the above card into a contest on Facebook for the fun of it. I love Lasting Impressions stencils so if I could win free product from them that would just ROCK! If you are on facebook and want to vote for me please follow the link Share The Love Contest!, on the Lasting Impressions Facebook page! Click here to see it: http://bit.ly/zADKiC
? Which one do you like out of these?
1) Paper Playtime Challenge #67 – CH #67 – Cricut Creations using HEARTS or a LOVE theme! Make any type of project using HEARTS or a LOVE theme with your Cricut and any colors or cartridges you’d like! Challenge ends Saturday, February 18th @ Noon EST.
2) Day 342 @ 365 Cards – Super Sketchy Sunday. Use the sketch provided. Love you is the card that I’m entering into this challenge. I couldn’t get the bottom right corner design in there but this sketch inspired my card.
3) Card Positioning Systems (original sketch #102) – Day 8 of CPS Anniversary special challenges. I used sketch #102 as inspiration for my Full of Love card. Instead of having the ribbon on the bottom I moved them up.
4) Cute Card Thursday Challenge #203 – Pink Valentine’s Card. I am entering the bottom card “Full of Love” into this challenge since it is mostly pink.
Cardstock/Papers: Cardstock – Bazzill, Patterned Paper – Reminisce (the Love collection), White and yellow for flower – Lasting Impressions
Accents/Tools: Cuttlebug embossing folder, Cricut, George and Basic Shapes Cricut Cartridge, pop dots, Versa Magic Midnight Black ink
Inspiration: Day 342 Sketch @ 365Cards
Techniques: dry embossing
Full of Love
Cardstock/Papers: Cardstock – Bazzill, Patterned Paper – Reminisce (Love Letters), Red Polka dot (can’t remember from my scrap drawer)
Accents/Tools: rick rack, Cricut, George and Basic Shapes Cricut cartridge, pop dots, xyron X
NOW JUST FOR FUN….
This card was just for fun. I wanted to play at Heart Song Inspiration so I was super happy when they gave away the rose heart image for FREE! I wasn’t sure I would get to play since I thought I was done making Valentine cards. But as I kept look at the image I decided the rose would look good in layers and I had not done that before so off I went to create. I love how it came out. I decided to make a Wedding Card since it is always good to have them around.
1) Heart Song Inspirations Challenge #34 – Anything goes with a Heart Song Digital Image. Sadly this was her last challenge as her Family comes first. But the shop is still open and the FREEBIE is still available.
Stamps/Images: Heart Song Free Digital Stamp – Rose Heart
Cardstock/Papers: Cardstock – Bazzill, Patterned Papers – Pebbles Inc (Wedding Words and Wedding Reception)
Inks/Markers: Digital stamp printed on cardstock and paper pieced
Accents/Tools: $1 ribbon from Target, black ribbon from scraps, xyron x, black pen, pop dots
Inspiration: Card Patterns Sketch 150