August 17, 2014
animal, baby, baby girl, Bitty Baby Things Color, congratulations, Deedee's Digis, Diane Daydream Designs, monkey, rick rack
(I updated the photo to add a bow in her hair!! she just needed a little girly touch!!)
When I saw this image at Deedee’s image I thought it would make a cute baby card. So I decided to make one for my neighbor who is due anytime with baby #4. I used the baby bottle image from Bitty Baby Things Color at Diane’s Daydream Designs.
1) August Card Challenge @ Scrapbook.com – Favorites – this sketch was saved in my favorites. Sketch Saturday #322
2) Deedee’s Digi of the Month challenge – use the image provided and you will be mailed next month’s image for FREE.
Image: Monkey Business @ Deedee’s Digis and Bitty Baby Things Color @ Diane’s Daydream Designs
Cardstock: Bazzill (Java OP, Berry Blush), Hobby lobby (mint blue)
Patterned Paper: Authentique (Decadent)
Inks: pre-colored digi stamp printed on canon inkjet printer
Accents/Tools: Simplicity baby brown Rick Rack, pop dots, mini glue dots
August 16, 2014
Christian, encouragement, Get Well, Religious
cartoonish, Dr. Seuss, Dr. Who, friends, funny, get well, hysterectomy, moving, new chapter, recuperate, religious, surgery, Word Art Wednesday
One of the couples in them marriage group is going to move so the wife can go to Christian college for a year and then one of the ladies is having a hysterectomy on Tuesday so we wanted to make them cards.
We weren’t sure what to do with the hysterectomy card but she is a HUGE Dr. Who fan so in joking around my husband and I mixed Dr. Who and Dr. Seuss together and came up with this card. My husband drew/designed everything so all I did was cut it out and glue it onto a card base.
Inside: After the surgery, we hope you have plenty of time to… Recuperate!
1) Use Your Stuff Challenge #148 – Inspired by Dr. Seuss. I hope this counts since it isn’t something actually from Dr. Seuss but is totally inspired by Dr. Seuss.
Images: designed by my husband
Cardstock: Bazzill (pinata), orange scraps
We’re excited to see the chapters
God’s going to write for your life.
We wanted to do a book theme since this will be a new chapter in their life. This is an older digi by True :D at True’s Gift’s from the Heart that is no longer available.
1) Crafts 4 Eternity Challenge #189 – Something Old. That fiber is probably 10 years old. The digital stamp is about 2 years old and the brads I got prior to 2006. The patterned paper is the newest thing and I think it is almost a year old.
2) Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2 Sketch #24 – I really liked this sketch and love the sponsor this week, Doodle Pantry. I didn’t use of their images but still used the sketch.
3) Word Art Wednesday Challenge #145 – Anything Goes that is uplifting
Image: Morning Devotions by True :D
Patterned Paper: My Mind’s Eye (Rosy “love” blossoms paper)
Inks: pre-colored digital image printed on canon inkjet printer
Accents/Tools: Lasting Impressions brads, fiber
August 15, 2014
birthday, boots, cowboy, cowboy boots, daisy, Diane Daydream Designs, Gerber Daisies, western
One of the girls at work has had me make cards for her husband, family, friends, etc. So when her husband contacted me asking me to make her a birthday card I thought that was so sweet. He told me Gerber Daisies, horses, and cowgirl stuff were her favorite. I also knew that purple was her favorite color so this is what I came up with. I used Home on the Range and Bouquet of Daisies from Diane’s Daydream Designs. My husband merged the two items in photoshop for me. I colored the flowers in photoshop (just using the paint bucket because I have NO photoshop skills!! That is why I have to bat my eyelashes at my husband when I need photoshop help!!) and then used the pre-colored digital image for the boots. I can’t remember what sketch I used because I have been organizing them so they have all been rearranged…but if I figure it out I will add it.
1) SweetStamps Blog Challenge #182 – In the garden
2) Aloha Friday Challenge #30 – In the garden
3) Seize the Birthday Challenge - Anything Birthday goes!
4) Crafty Creations Challenge #269 – Flower Power
5) August Card Challenge @ Scrapbook.com – Theme Category – Birthday
Image: Home on the Range and Bouquet of Daises @ Diane’s Daydream Designs
Cardstock: Bazzill (Nelly, Yosemite,)
Patterned Paper: Michael’s brand
Inks: pre-colored digital stamps printed on Canon Inkjet Printer
Accent/Tools: brads, pop dots, Cricut, Elegant Edges Cricut Cartridge
August 10, 2014
animal, birthday, Deedee's Digis, encouragement, Hang in there, masculine, monkey, monthly challenge, sketch saturday
I hope Deedee is sitting down when she sees this!! She is going to pass out that I got it done in the FIRST week instead of within hours of the challenge ending!! Miracles never cease!! :)
I needed a card for my brother who is struggling to make ends meet while paying child support so I got him a Wal-Mart gift card to send to him. So I needed a card to go with it so I’m so glad Deedee’s image was this adorable monkey. I batted my eyelashes while asking my husband to remove the cupcake from the monkey’s hand so I could have him hold a sign. I cut off his curl hair because I wanted it to look more manly for my masculine card. Yes, I know I have issues!! :) I found this scrap piece of stripped paper and knew it was perfect for this image. Those glass tiles are at least 8 years old…am I the only one that still owns them??
1) August Card Sketch Challenge – sketch #3 – which originally was Sketch Saturday #217
2) Deedee’s Digis August Digi of the Month Challenge – use the image provided and get next months image FREE!!
I decided since I had a little bit of paper left over I would make a couple more. This time I did it in a 5 1/4 x 5 1/4 square and made it a birthday card!
1) Aloha Friday Challenge #29 – Birthday Boy
Image:Monkey Business Digital Stamp @ Deedee’s Digis
Cardstock: Bazzill (Brown, Rain Forest, Maraschino)
Patterned Paper: SEI (Park Buddies – Puppy Tails)
Inks: pre-colored image printed on Canon Inkjet Printer
Accent/Tools: pop dots, glass tiles, Cricut, Tag, Boxes & More Cricut Cartridge,
August 10, 2014
bell, bird, christmas, Christmas Cards, embossing, flowers, Noel, sketches
I had the left over stickers lying on my desk from the cards I made last night, see previous card here. So before putting them away I looked at them again to see if I could make a card using them. I remembered this sketch from the August Card challenge and thought it might just work. It did!! I was going to put To my ……. on the red strip on the bottom but since I’m not sure who it is going to yet I did the embossed strip. I figure if someone wants that I will place a white tag over the red embossed piece.
1) August Card Challenge @ Scrapbook.com – Sketch Category. Use the sketch provided as inspiration. The original sketch is from Scrapysketches.blogspot.com
2) Craftyhazelnut’s Christmas Challenge #189 – fur and/or feather (animal or bird)
3) Festive 48 @ My Perfect Life – Week 31 – create one Christmas card a week.
Image: sticker from Hobby Lobby
Cardstock: Bazzill (White, Candy Apple)
Patterned Paper: Carolee’s Creations (Christmas Words),
Accents/Tools: pop dots, Cuttlebug Embossing Folders (Tiles),
August 9, 2014
11th birthday, birthday, bling, blink, Diane Daydream Designs, dress form, flowers, Martha Stewart punch, paper pieced, paris, subway art, tip junkie
Inside: Celebrate in Style! Happy 11th Birthday!!
I made this card for my niece, Kailee, who turned 11 on Thursday. We celebrated her birthday today since she was in town. They just moved so she is doing her room in Paris (pink and black) so that is what inspired the card…that and the cute dress form from Diane’s Daydream Designs! The Paris Subway art was free at Tip Junkie. I used Sketch Saturday #321 as my inspiration.
Everything but the gray cardstock was from my scrap drawers!!
1) Seize the Birthday – Make a Birthday Card and use the topping (Yellow) if you want. I chose not to use the topping this time!
2) August Card Challenge @ Scrapbook.com – Theme – Birthday
3) SweetStamps Blog Challenge #181 – Bling
Image: Life is Sew Sweet – Dress Forms @ Diane’s Daydream Designs
Cardstock: Hobby Lobby (pink, gray), Bazzill (Raven)
Patterned Paper: unknown – from scrap drawer
Accent/Tools: pop dots, black jewels and pink rhinestone (Michaels), Prima Flowers, Martha Stewart punch