Here are a couple cards I got done this weekend.
This was another card offered at Card Class this weekend. When I saw this image, Christ is Risen, at Daydream Designs by Diane I “ohhh” out loud. It is beautiful drawn and colored that I just had to use it when several of the ladies asked for a religious Easter card. And the inside I combine two of the sentiments in the set:
Death could not CHAIN HIM
A tomb could not HOLD HIM
The enemy could not DEFEAT HIM
Christ is Risen!
1) April Card Challenge @ Scrapbook.com – Sketch Category – Merry Monday Sketch #68 was our inspiration. It worked perfectly for this card!!
2) Sweet Stamps Blog Challenge #164 – Easter
*The white background is NOT part of the card….just put it down to get a decent picture on a glass table.
I know you have seen 2 other cards with this image, His Name Is, but I can’t help it because friends keep requesting it! I made this one for a lady who saw the last two and wanted one with a cross instead of flowers. I had to make this card quickly and during Card Class so I’m surprised it came out so good! She said she liked the Spring version but without flowers so I tried to do that one and modify it. It wasn’t working for me and she didn’t seem thrilled either so back to the sketch folder. She liked the tilted look of first card I did in rainbow colors. So I found Mojo Monday sketch #340 and went to work. I flipped the sketch on its side. Then for the ribbon on the right I used a piece of embossed paper and put it under the image instead of on top of it. Then where they had the banner/circles I put the cross there instead. I used a wooden cross from Hobby Lobby and covered it with paper. It needed something more so I cut out the purple piece from the Christ is Risen Digital Image at Diane’s Daydream Designs and added it to this cross.
1) Mojo Monday Sketch #340 (MOJO340) - Use the sketch provided as inspiration.
Let me tell you how blown away I was on the coloring of this image!! This set use to be a Clearly Digi Stamp (went out of business) and so I had it. But when I saw how beautifully Laurie re-did the coloring for Doodle Pantry I had to buy this set! I cut out the blue sky area that was behind the light house because it didn’t fit right in the oval. I used an older sketch, #249, from Unscripted Sketches….I just flipped it on its side. I roughed up the edges of the card with a distresser.
1) Doodle Pantry Digital Challenge #45 – Anything Goes….BUT if you use a DOODLE PANTRY image you will get the featured digital image FREE! I used Sheltering Lights Digital Image for a masculine birthday card that a friend needed for her brother-in-law’s birthday.
2) April Card Challenge @ Scrapbook.com - Technique Category – paper piercing. I pierced around the frame.